If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we are going to be amazed before we are halfway through…
- We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
- We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
- No matter how far we have gone, we will see how our experiences can benefit others.
- That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.
- We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.
- Our whole attitude and outlook on life will change.
- Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
- We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
- We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
Excerpted from © Alcoholics Anonymous, “The AA Promises.”
Wondering what to do next? Click here to learn more.